Thursday, July 24, 2014

re-adoption paperwork--completed and filed

Although Sam's adoption was finalized in SK, we knew that we had to readopt him here.  This would allow us to legally change his name and apply for a Tennessee "birth certificate."  It wasn't something I was looking forward to doing because I knew there would be paperwork involved (which I think I'm allergic to thanks to the overexposure of paperwork that I've suffered as a SPED teacher).

When we received Sam's citizenship certificate in the mail last month, I knew that my excuses for procrastination were used up; I had to suck it up and start working on gathering the necessary documents.

After another few weeks of procrastination, I finally had everything ready to go this week.  So, several ink cartridges and paper cuts later, we filed our petition for re-adoption in court this morning!
"FILED" one little word that takes a huge load off my mind.

We had to submit FOUR stacks of paperwork like this.  This is our copy to keep.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, no wonder you put it off! Paperwork is a major thorn in my side, too. Congratulations on nearing the end, though.

    ReplyDelete