Saturday, July 12, 2014

a new way of watering flowers

After suitcase living for the past two weeks, we're back in our house and our normal routine.  Being in Pigeon Forge was wonderful and visiting the homeland is always my favorite, but I must say it feels good to hang around the house all day without having anywhere to be.  There was plenty of housework for me to catch up on, but Sam saw that I took frequent breaks for playtime.  Since it's hard for me to resist that sweet voice and tiny hand tugging on mine, there were several chores that didn't get done...oh, well, they'll be there for another day.

An outside chore that I've passed on to Sam is watering the flowers, which he loves because it puts him in complete control of the water hose.  While watching him do his thing, I was reminded once again that this little boy has his own way of doing things.  Sam's method of watering the flowers involves drinking from the hose to fill his mouth with as much water as possible and then showering all of the water onto the thirsty little flowers below (and to think that all these years I've been watering my flowers wrong).  The flowers were thankful for the [secondhand] water, and I'm  thankful for my sweet boy who makes the most mundane tasks memorable.

Now, I'm off to work on a list of additional chores that Sam can apply his creativity to ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment