Sunday, July 27, 2014

friday night special: bibimbap

Friday night found Sam and I taking a trip around the world with our taste buds once again.  On the menu:  bibimbap, a Korean dish that basically means "mixed rice."  Bibimbap holds a special place in my heart because it was the first Korean dish that I ever ate.  It was served at a traditional Korean dinner that we attended with the president of the agency during our first trip to SK.  This was also the day that we met Sam for the first time :).

Cooking Korean food with Sam on Friday nights has become the highlight of my week.  It's such a sweet time with my favorite little boy on the planet!  I wish I could accurately describe the look on his face when I start heating sesame oil in the skillet.  It's as if his nose carries him to the kitchen and keeps him glued as close to the stove as I'll let him get.  When the finished product is finally placed on the table, he sticks his little nose in his bowl and breathes in deeply, savoring the smell of comfort.

I know a day is coming when he'll turn into one of those funny creatures known as teenagers and spending Friday nights at home with mom will probably not be the highlight of his week, but for now I'll breathe in deeply and savor the moments I have with my sweet Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment