Wednesday, May 1, 2013

in all circumstances

When you think of what you're thankful for, do you add disappointments to the list?  Yeah, those don't usually make it onto my list either.  There is someone that does though, and I heard him on the radio this afternoon.

As I listened, the current period of waiting immediately came to mind, with me easily naming the disappointments--missing Sam's whole first year, not being there to watch him grow and develop, having to love him from afar and know him through pictures.

I tried to thank God for this time of waiting, but the words caught in my throat.  I would much rather have the period of waiting over with and thank God for seeing us through to the end.  This wouldn't be a problem if God didn't tell us over and over in His word to give thanks--not just when I feel like it but in all circumstances.

So, as I work to get the words that are stuck in my throat unstuck, I will give thanks to the One who uses all things for good--the disappointments of life are no exception.


No comments:

Post a Comment