Friday, May 24, 2013

i would have been a terrible nurse.

Ten years ago today, I was standing on the brink of adulthood; I was graduating high school!!  I stood there with a solid plan of what I was going to do, where I was going to go, and how it was all going to work out.  Little did I know how much plans can change...

My "solid" plan turned out to be quite malleable when God took my plan and started shaping it into something very different.

Left to my own plan, I would have been a nurse (with knees that got weak at the sight of blood).  I would be married to a prison guard who played music as a hobby (while secretly dreaming of Nashville).  I would have a cute little house in my favorite place on Earth.  And, I would be perfectly content with life in my small little world.

Thankfully, though, God's plan is better than anything we can dream up or imagine!  Because of His goodness and His plan, I use my God-given ability everyday as I teach those funny little creatures known as middle-schoolers.  I am married to a former prison guard who plays music professionally (while living his dream of being in Nashville).  I have a cute little house near the world of country music and enjoy the times that we go home to my favorite place on Earth.  My small little world has been divinely fitted with a global picture window; the view out this window compels me to get outside my comfy spot in the world and be the hands and feet of Christ to a world in need.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment