Sunday, February 1, 2015

friday night special and drinking with the cat

I'm sure my few faithful readers of this blog are waiting with bated breath to find out what Sam and I made for the Friday night special ;).  Well, I will keep you in suspense no longer...drum roll......we made a pizza using goguma, which are Korean sweet potatoes (different in taste and appearance than our sweet potatoes).

Now Sam does NOT like potatoes no matter how they are fixed.  He will eat french fries when he's really hungry but on a normal day, he gives them to Jeremy to eat.  Mashed potatoes are a definite no and usually induces the gag reflex.  Roasted potatoes cut into cute little cubes are also unacceptable, and you can forget potato salad!

I thought maybe it was because our potatoes are different in taste and texture, so I decided to try goguma and, for good measure, hide them under lots and lots of cheese.  Notice there's no picture of him smiling happily as he eats huge bites of the pizza we made??  Um, that's because he found the strategically placed goguma hiding under the cheese, and suddenly, he was "all done eating."  This ends my attempts at introducing him to the wonderful flavor of potatoes.  Maybe one day he'll like them, but until then, I'll just eat his share of mashed potatoes :).


That's it for the latest Friday night special...onto something else that happened on Friday.  This one involving drinking.  {Readers, please, excuse me while I talk directly to Sam.}

Sam,
You have at your disposal all the delicious chocolate milk (made like Mammaw Barbara fixes it) you could ask for; you have an unending supply of apple juice boxes and cold water by the gallon.  What more is there that could quench your thirst???  After what I observed Friday, apparently, a good thirst quencher is found in the cat's water bowl.  You didn't notice when I walked into the bathroom and saw you kneeling down, scooping water with your paw hand, and PUTTING IT IN YOUR MOUTH.  You didn't see me, but I saw you.  And, all I have to say about this is that drinking from the cat's water bowl is unacceptable in every imaginable situation.  So, let that be your last time of drinking with Roux the Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment