Monday, September 29, 2014

friday night special: Korean Beef Stew w/ a side of computer problems

Thanks to computer problems that occur when the only person in the house who knows how to fix it is out of town, this post about the latest Friday night special is late.  This seems to fit with my mantra of late, "better late than never."

For this supper, I enlisted the help of my BFF, Crockpot, because she does an excellent job of making supper all on her own, leaving me with time to play with a certain little two year old.

Because of the previously mentioned computer problems, this post has no pictures :(.  So, close your eyes and picture what I'm about to describe...first, picture a steaming bowl of yummy goodness also called, Korean Beef Stew.  Then, picture our 100 lb canine vacuum cleaner planted beneath Sam's chair, eagerly waiting for the crumbs to fall.  Finally, picture Sam using the straw from his milk to drink the broth--made from rice wine, soy sauce, ginger, etc--from his bowl of stew.  I've decided that I'll save money next time by leaving out the beef, simply making the broth and calling it "Korean Soup."  Give Sam a straw, and he'll be as happy as a lark :).

Sam, I hope the memories of these Friday nights will fill our hearts for years to come and keep us warm when we're out in the cold, harsh world.  And, may they point us to the Father, who loves us and blesses us with times like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment