Sunday, January 27, 2013

friends for the journey

Jeremy and I have said before that adoption has been the hardest thing we've ever done.  Thankfully, God didn't leave us to do it alone though.  He's given us an amazing family to walk alongside us, and the best friends that anyone can have.

There's a special group of friends that allow me to blow up their phones with text messages containing the latest update or picture or a pressing need.  They faithfully help me bear burdens and join me in taking them before the Father.  I am so thankful for them, and I love them dearly.

Amy--you jumped in with both feet to "mobilize the troops" at home and rally support without me even having to ask.  Not to mention, the yard sale wouldn't have happened without you and your hard work.  Looking forward to our next chat over Chinese...
Mel--my partner in crime that I dearly love, I'm thankful that we're going through our grown-up lives together. You have an incredible talent for knowing my heart and for saying just what I need to hear.  Your description of Sam as, "our God-given miracle baby," still warms my heart!
Hope--God certainly blessed us when He gave us such an awesome TN family!  You've loved us like your own and helped us in more ways than I can count.  You are awesome, and I can't wait for Sam to get here and love you as much as we do.
Danielle--my favorite half of Dsquared, I am so happy to have you as a friend.  When we moved here, you made the adjustment to living away from home so much easier, and your prayers and support for this journey has made it much easier to travel.  I'm thankful for both!
Jessica--your well-timed text messages are always full of encouragement and love, and they never fail to bring a smile to my face.  I'm not sure how many hours you've spent praying for us and our Sam, but I know that I'm grateful for them!
Amanda--our friendship with your sweet family has blessed Jeremy and me so much, and we can't wait for the girls to have a new playmate in our Sam.  I'm know we're in for some fun times, friend, and I can't wait!
Susan--your understanding and encouragement does a heart good, and I'm thankful to be on the receiving end of it!  It won't be long before we have a little boy with fuzzy black hair sharing our pew with us :).
Ali--my dear, sweet friend from the homeland, you are so much fun.  Jeremy and I love you dearly and can't wait to introduce Sam to the best fiddle player/singer/songwriter/Salsa dancer/Spanish teacher that we know :).
Lisa & Deborah--during the school year, I spend more time with these two than I do at home.  They are full of wisdom and great advice that I soak up each day, and I'm thankful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment