Sunday, January 20, 2013

then sings my soul

This morning, I woke up feeling kind of blah and wondering if we're ever going to get the call for Sam.  Because, honestly, there are days when it seems like that day is never going to happen.  This blah cloud of thoughts was still hanging around me as I stood in church listening to everyone sing.

Then, I heard this tiny voice behind me singing, "Then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee, how great Thou art, how great Thou art."   What a sweet sound it was!  And hearing that tiny voice singing was a sweet reminder that not only is the God we serve is great, but He's going to see us through this time of waiting and bring Sam home.

There will be a day when it's Sam standing beside me singing in his tiny, little boy voice about our great God.  It's this reminder that keeps me going, even on those days when the waiting seems unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment