Thursday, July 30, 2015

this ship is in uncharted waters.

Well, we've left the harbor and are sailing through uncharted waters (uncharted to us).  There is much to be thankful for in what has brought us to this point.

In February, after much prayer and some internal pep talks, we took the plunge and started sharing this dream in our hearts.  When we weren't met with funny looks, we were relieved and encouraged.

What I knew about starting a business, corporation, non-profit, etc. could be written on two lines of wide-rule paper, so Jeremy ordered me a book from his favorite market (Amazon).

Reading the book of legal mumbo-jumbo taught me a lot in regards to how to start a nonprofit, and it showed me that those two lines of information I thought I knew were useless!  The thought entered my mind that an attorney would make quick work of it all, but attorneys cost money.  (Lots of money from what I hear.)

Always the optimist, I was not deterred; I was going to DIY this thing!  (Thankfully, the One who knows all things intervened before this DIY idea of mine ended up like the water wall and other Pinterest fails.)

Through a simple phone call, He intersected my path with that of an attorney specializing in nonprofit law.  Oh, and this attorney has provided me with loads of advice, NOT billed by the hour, while also helping me navigate/prepare/file the sea of legal paperwork required to form a nonprofit incorporation.

Because of this, Supporting Adoption Ministry Fund is now an incorporated nonprofit!  We are official.  This huge dream, born in our hearts, is now a living, breathing thing!  To say I am thrilled, over the moon, excited, passionate, exuberant, pleased....would be an understatement :).

Because of a multi-talented youth leader, we have an awesome logo! (I know enough about my artistic abilities, that I never planned to DIY that.)

Each day I work on something for S.A.M.Fund* (affectionate, unofficial name), and I know without a doubt that this is exactly what God has called us to.  What peace that brings to one's soul.

To God be the glory; great things He has done (and will do)!

More to come.  Stay tuned.



*We're Southern; we give everybody/everything a nickname.





No comments:

Post a Comment