Sunday, July 5, 2015

stepping forward in new black shoes

The last time we tried to get Sam new shoes, it ended quiet differently than expected.  From that mom of the year moment, I learned something about this child of my heart...he doesn't take to change easily; check all my grand expectations of "this will be easy" at the door.

After noticing that Sam's shoes were getting too tight, I knew what needed to be done.  But, oh how I dreaded it.  At the risk of you thinking I'm crazy, I'll spare you just how much I thought about the best way to go about getting Sam new shoes.  Trust me when I say that I analyzed it every which a way and spent way too much time on the Adidas website.

We visited the Adidas store while in Pigeon Forge and found a pair of black shoes that are the closest thing to his "old black shoes" as possible.  He woke up this morning knowing that today was the day he was going to start wearing his new shoes.  We had packed his old ones away yesterday with "keep forever" and Sam's artwork decorating the box.

We made it this morning without a meltdown!  That's quite a step forward in new black shoes :).


No comments:

Post a Comment