Thursday, March 7, 2013

fairness not promised.

When I am at school, I hate hearing the words, "that's not fair."  Tonight, at the risk of sounding like a whining teenager, I want to stomp my foot and scream those very words.

It's not fair that we have to wait months and months for the child whom we love to join our family.
It's not fair that our Sam and many others are caught up in government red tape.
It's not fair that most of our questions have "we don't know" as the answers.
It's not fair that babies are waiting longer and longer to join their forever families.

God doesn't promise us a life that is fair though, does He?  Tonight, with so many unknowns, I am tempted to stomp my foot and continue telling God how unfair and hard this whole thing is.  But, that doesn't bring the peace my heart desperately needs.  Instead, I will remind myself of the miracles that He's used to bring us to this point and cling to the promises that I know He will fulfill.

"In this world, you will have trouble, but take heart!  I have overcome the world."  John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment