Sunday, December 16, 2012

a bag of candy, tears, & thankfulness

Usually a bag of candy and fruit doesn't make me cry.  But, anything given for Sam or attached to him in some way never fails to make me cry.  Today at church when the deacons are passing out bags of candy to the kids (their longstanding Christmas tradition) and Hope brings me a bag for Sam, the tears started flowing.       Because Sam is always in my thoughts, I am constantly looking and thinking, "when Sam gets here..."

Hope's thoughtfulness today was a sweet reminder that I'm not alone in my thinking.  There are many people from Louisiana to Tennessee that are carrying him in their hearts and thoughts, too, while looking forward to the day he comes home.

Truly, my heart is overwhelmed by this, and I am grateful that God has surrounded us with so many people for this journey.  We are richly blessed by each of you, and Sam is one blessed little boy to have so many people loving him and praying for him from half a world away.

Hope, although you made me cry in church, I still love you and can't wait for Sam to go to camp at your house :).  You make this journey easier to travel, and I'm forever thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment