Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sunday Surprise

Sunday we were surprised with a progress report on how Samuel is doing!  He appears to be doing well, and for this we are very, very thankful.  He's eating some solid foods like 'porridge rice, steamed potatoes, and yogurt.'  Using a pincer grasp, standing alone for several seconds, walking with one hand held, and showing an understanding of words are milestones that he's met.  And, of course, he's cuter than ever :0).

There are times when it hits me like a ton of bricks that I'm missing his first year!  It's easy to focus on all the things that I'm missing, but I can't allow myself to stay in that place.  The place that I must stay is at the Father's feet.  It's here where I'll learn more about His character.  It's here where I'll pray for this sweet baby that I love.  It's here where my heart will find peace.  It's here where I will praise the One who has called me.


"The Lord is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation; 
He is my God, and I will praise Him,
my Father's God and I will exalt Him."
Exodus 15:2

No comments:

Post a Comment