Saturday, September 15, 2012

one quilt, lots of prayers

When school let out in May, I immediately started making a quilt for the baby girl that we expected to be matched with.  I barely had the quilt finished when we got THE CALL that matched us with a baby boy (our sweet Samuel).  I gladly spent the rest of the summer making another quilt. Working on the quilt was the perfect time to pray for our Samuel.
Samuel, I pray that you are safe and protected-
that you are getting the care & nutrition you need to be healthy-that you are experiencing an abundance of  love and affection-that you are read to, sang to, and played with.  I pray for God to prepare your heart for joining your forever family.  I pray for you to know and never doubt how much we love you.  I pray that your journey home will point you towards the One who created you and planned for you to be ours.  I pray that you remember that God knit you together for a purpose.  I pray that you'll always recognize your value and worth.  I pray that you will allow yourself to be led and used by your Creator.  I pray that you will see adoption as a gift from our Heavenly Father.  I pray for you to know the joy and peace that comes only from Him.  I pray for the man that you're going to become.  I pray that you come home soon!  ~love you, sweet boy~



No comments:

Post a Comment