Saturday, October 29, 2011

God's Call

In the new issue of Home Life magazine, there is an article on finding your calling.  The author of the article writes, "Our calling is the knowledge that God first calls us to Himself; it is our best understanding of who He has created us to be; and what He desires us to do.  It's the very thing that if we are listening well, inspires, fuels, and gives our lives meaning.  Our calling is how we can make an everlasting difference and bring glory to God."
I believe with all that I am that God has called me and Jeremy to care for orphans.  This call truly has inspired me, fueled me, and given my life meaning.  I am thankful for God's call, and I am trusting  Him to enable us to fulfill it.

"Calling is the truth that God calls us to Himself so decisively that everything we are, everything we do, and everything we have is invested with a special devotion, dynamism, and direction lived out as a response to His summons and service." Os Guinness

No comments:

Post a Comment