Saturday, February 27, 2016

building and growing

I am not in any way skilled in the use of tools.  I barely know the difference between the two types of screwdrivers, and I struggle to hang pictures on the wall with a simple hammer and nails.  For these reasons, Lowe's is not a store that I frequent on Saturdays.  There's nothing in there that I need or care to use; however, when Jeremy signed Sam up for the Build & Grow activity, I knew that I would be spending a Saturday morning in a store that's the complete opposite of Jo-Ann's Fabrics.  I also knew that I would do this gladly because it's for my sweet Sam :).

Sam is in his element any time there are instructions that need to be read/followed in order to make something.  I think his first words when I opened the package were, "Do I get to keep my instructions?!"  Using a hammer and nails to build a monster truck?  The best thing ever to Sam!

Besides reading instructions and playing monster trucks, another favorite of Sam's is people-watching, and there were a lot of people there to watch.  The key is to not people watch while hammering.  If you don't remember this, you may hammer someone's finger (like your mother's)....good thing they don't give them big hammers.

Sam and I, being the nerds that we are, got really excited over the patch he got for his apron.  It's ironed on and ready for next time!

Totally worth time in the tool store!!
I realized afterwards that we had some leftover nails; glancing back at the instructions, I saw a few places that they maybe should have gone....as long as Sam doesn't find out, it'll be fine ;).





No comments:

Post a Comment