Sunday, May 10, 2015

monster trucks and fishing poles

Sam was so excited the day he found the monster truck that he just had to give it to me early; nothing Jeremy said could convince him to wait.  As you can see from the dirt on the tires, we've already put a few miles on it! And, this evening we spent plenty of time in the yard with Sam showing me how to use my newly acquired fishing pole.
Last week I heard Jeremy ask Sam what he wanted to get me for Mother's Day.  Sam turned to him and whispered, "fishing pole."

Several days later, Jeremy comes to me and says, "You're probably getting a fishing pole and a remote control monster truck for Mother's Day.  That's what Sam wants to get you."

So, I was thrilled to be given both in honor of Mother's Day!  My heart is overjoyed by the tenderhearted, generous little boy who wanted his mama to have two toys of her own.  And by an amazing husband/father who helped make it happen, making multiple trips to town for Sam to complete his shopping.

Oh, the memories to be made involving monster trucks and fishing poles!





No comments:

Post a Comment