Wednesday, December 7, 2011

time to hear from Jeremy...

Well I figured I would make a post. Sarah keeps this up most the time. As we get close to Christmas and you think about everyone getting together with family, gifts, food, and good times. We all look forward to this time of year. It is a happy time for most. I know Sarah and I are looking forward to going back home to Louisiana and seeing family, open gifts, and just spend time there. But what about the many orphans around the world who on Christmas morning will wake up in an orphanage somewhere and there be no gifts, no exciting laughter, and most of all no family. In the past I have been like many people and not put to much thought into the orphans and widows until the past few years. Since Sarah and I are well on our way to adopting, this Christmas will be special for me. We don't have our child yet, but for the first time as I open gifts and gather around a table I will be thinking of something other than the people gathered with me. My mind will be on the tons of children who will not have much to look forward to this Christmas.

I want to encourage you to be thankful for the many blessings that you have received this year, just as Sarah and I will. And before you open the last gift, unplug the Christmas tree for the year, take a moment. Think about the children who dream and pray for a loving family. And if you will join Sarah and I this Christmas as we pray for those children that next year they find themselves gathered around table with a family so full of love. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Dude! That is awesome! I had no idea ya'll were thinking of adopting. You'll be happy to know that for the last several years Alyson has been asking for her family to donate money to Lighthouse Christian Camp in Smithville in lieu of a present for herself. She's pretty amazing. It is a camp but it is also a place where widows can stay and work. They run this camp on 100% donations. They also have the children back during Christmas time and provide presents and toys not only for the children but also they can pick out gifts for their siblings also. They do amazing work up there. Long story longer, we always get the sweetest letters from these kids telling us how much they appreciate us giving so that they can go to camp and experience God out in nature and through their counselors. I know God has already chosen the child that you will soon come to call your own and I know that He is preparing you to be the kind of Godly parents this child needs! Merry Christmas!

    We love you,
    Bart and Alyson

    ReplyDelete