Friday, December 16, 2011

Holding onto His Hand

I'm sure I've said before that this adoption journey is full of unknowns. This week, however, the unknowns seem to be growing, and it's hard to keep things in perspective at times. Tonight I found a devotional written by Adrian Rogers on Psalm 23. In it he says, "that nothing will bring you more face to face with God than going through the dark valleys of life. When you are there, you are going to cling to his garments and hold onto His hand." I am not comparing our adoption journey to a dark valley, but it is a time when there are more unknowns than I can sometimes count and the sheer amount of money/paperwork required is overwhelming. God is using this situation to bring me and Jeremy face to face with Him. I am doing my best to cling to his garments and hold onto His hand.

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me, your rod and staff comfort me." Psalm 23:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment