Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hearts that are Captured by a Higher Calling

On Veteran's Day, I was in Chicago for a conference. As we walked downtown, I saw a group of soldiers walking and smiled to myself as someone called out a "thank you" to them, and everyone started cheering. It is amazing to me that these soldiers are aware of the thousands before them that paid for our freedom with their lives, yet they still enlist to serve their country. They are giving all they have for a cause greater than themselves; their hearts are captured by a higher calling.


Tomorrow is the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. In countries around the world, believers face violence, imprisonment, and death because of their faith. Yet, they still believe. They do not wait for conditions in their countries to improve for them to serve the Lord; their hearts are captured by a higher calling.

"O use me, Lord, use even me, Just as thou wilt, and when and where..." -Frances Havergal

No comments:

Post a Comment