Wednesday, June 10, 2015

it's a water wall. really.

Pinterest.  Tutorial.  DIY.  These are words that I am starting to loathe.  They are words that make me think that with the right set of instructions, I can do anything--no matter my skill set level or natural abilities.  They are words that make my dear husband want to run and hide.

The latest tutorial that I tried was for a water wall.  "Use things lying around the house," it promised.  "Little effort required," it said.  "Minutes of work will lead to hours of play," it boldly declared.

I presented Jeremy with the plan, and he willingly set about making it happen--dragging a pallet out of his shop, drilling holes in the random plastic containers I gathered, stapling each one to the pallet.

And, the result?  Well, it certainly looked NOTHING like the pictures from that dumb tutorial.  It left much to be desired in the way of appearance, functionality, and expectation.

Sam didn't seem to notice and was just glad to be playing in the water.  As I sat there and watched him play with the pitiful excuse for a water wall, I vowed that I would try again.  Pinterest would not win this one.  I have to allow some time to pass though...time enough for Jeremy to forget this latest episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment