Saturday, April 18, 2015

peeking eyed monsters, bulgogi, & flying tortillas

I made it to the end of March with my head spinning from the rate at which the days flew off the calendar.  Now we're halfway through April, and I'm sitting here feeling the same way.  I guess a trip to the homeland and a visit from family combined with work and the usual, mixed in with researching trademarks, by laws, etc. will result in a bit of head spinning when it all happens in the timespan of a few weeks....

In order to restore my sanity and stop the spinning, Sam and I returned to our normal weekend routine.  We brought back the Friday Night special with a trusty favorite, cheater bulgogi, but this was only after we spent the afternoon making a "peeking eyed monster."  (Sam is obsessed with cutting, gluing, and painting, mess making, etc.). When we weren't making monsters or cooking Korean, we were creating sidewalk chalk Picassos.

With all the rushing about, chances are high that I am more likely to miss the good stuff of life.  As Sam and I were barreling through WalMart this morning, we were stopped by a lady asking me how old my son was.  Turns out she and her husband have just started the adoption process for China, and like us, this will be their first child.  I could feel the excitement radiating off of her.  Along with the excitement was fear and nervousness that she candidly admitted to feeling.  In between catching flying packs of tortillas (courtesy of Sam), I tried to speak words of encouragement and hope--two things that are needed in abundance when you're going through the adoption process.

 May a sweet 20 month old little boy in China find his way to his forever family sooner rather than later, and may the family who loves him already have strength for the journey.

I was in WalMart on a Saturday morning with a three year old much longer than I wanted to be, but I am thankful.  Thankful that my Heavenly Father has an unhurried schedule of divine appointments, just waiting for us to slow down and take part.



No comments:

Post a Comment