Saturday, March 7, 2015

cheater bulgogi, sneak attacks, and it's almost spring (right?)

It's been a crazy past couple of weeks, including the fact that it snowed/iced so much in the Deep South that we were stuck for days!  Apparently Old Man Winter does not care that the Deep South doesn't do snow or that the calendar now says March because there are still some snowy patches left in my yard.  Sam also doesn't care that it is March and very close to spring; he just loves to play in the snow.  He also loves to throw snow balls. At me.  His very own mother.  Let me just say that I did not return fire, but I can't promise that for next time...

Despite the fact that he attacked me from behind and pelted me with snow balls mercilessly, I still fed him one of his favorite Korean dishes, Bulgogi, for the Friday night special. Actually, it's a cheater version because it uses ground meat instead of something like flank steak, but he doesn't know that ;).  It takes fifteen minutes to get on the table, making it one of my favorite dishes, too.

P.S.  We're gearing up to for some major celebrating this week as we remember where we were this time last year.  God has been good to us, and there is much to celebrate!  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment