Monday, January 12, 2015

recent happenings

To keep a blog current, one needs a working computer (which I no longer have since mine finally, after threatening it for the past two months, gave up the ghost) OR one needs husband's work computer, which isn't being used because husband is watching football.  Yay for football and for husband's who let their work computer be used for things besides work :).

Wanted--one long, uninterrupted nap:  Let me just say that I am still tired from Christmas "break."  My poor house is evidence of the fact that I'm dragging my tail feathers behind me and can't seem to catch up on sleep or housework.  {I am maintaining it enough that if Sam were to eat off the floor, which he's been known to do, that he wouldn't need a tetanus shot.}

Sam's New Hobby:  Sam got invited to his first birthday party, which he was very excited about.  I figured out what he was mostly excited for when he said, "Open up presents?"  We had to have the talk that he opened presents at his party in November, and now it's Callie's turn to open presents.  Ever since Christmas, his new hobby is opening presents..even ones that don't have his name on them.

One bottle of aspirin and earplugs, please:  Did I mention the party was at Chuck E. Cheese????  When we were leaving, Sam was asking me if he could play more tomorrow at Chuck E. Cheese...of course, I responded as I quickly hightailed it out of there.  He doesn't need to know that it'll probably be many, many tomorrows before we return to the Place Where Time Stands Still.

Having a Party for "No Good Reason:"  Sam woke up from nap on Friday crying to go to the party and not understanding that the party wasn't until Saturday.  This led to us deciding to have a pre-party party for the Friday night special.  After making and eating PB&J "sushi rolls," we ate cheesecake and ice cream.  And, we played everyone's favorite party game, Pin the SmokeStack on Thomas, which made for some very funny pictures--you know those kind of pictures that you turn in to the yearbook or senior slideshow ;).








No comments:

Post a Comment