Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"There's this baby in South Korea.."

Tomorrow will be one year.  One year ago, I fell in love with a little boy with fuzzy black hair and almond shaped eyes.  That day, one year ago, is a day that I still remember like yesterday; it came out of the blue, taking us by complete surprise.

Jeremy was on the road, and I was in summer house-cleaning mode.  There was a $3500 check waiting to be mailed to an adoption agency in Mass., which would have started the process for us to adopt a baby from Russia; mailing the check was on my to-do list for that day.  Our house phone rang.  It was Stephanie from our adoption agency in Murfreesboro.  Her first words to me, "Have you mailed that check?  There's this baby in South Korea."  My reply, "We want him!!"  A few minutes later, I was looking at his picture in our email as my heart promptly melted into a puddle of goo.  The love that I felt for him in that moment was immediate and intense; it was the love of a mother toward her child; it's a love that's grown in my heart ever since with a surprising strength.  I knew this was the child of my heart whom I had dreamed about for so long.  This was the baby God was going to bless our family with.  Jeremy text me later that day and said, "Did you think when you woke up this morning that we would be seeing a picture of our baby?"  What a beautiful day it was...

Sam, my sweet boy, we loved you when there was just the thought of you and will love you forever.  Come home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah, this is such a beautiful and heartwarming account. Robert and I pray it won't be much longer before you have little Sam with you.
    I literally stumbled across your blog- you are such a gifted writer Sarah!

    ReplyDelete