Sunday, August 19, 2012

loaves, fish, and $600

Reading John 6 (where Jesus feeds the five thousand) this morning reminded me of some conversations that I had with Jeremy this summer.

I was at home in Louisiana having a yard sale; Jeremy was on the road.  During the yard sale, he text me to ask how it was going, and I told him that we had made $600 so far.  His response was, "well Jesus fed the five thousand with a few loaves and fish; he can adopt a baby with $600."  Faith.

Fast forward to about a week after the yard sale--I was on the phone with Jeremy having a major emotional meltdown because I couldn't imagine how God was going to provide the money that we needed.  I said to him that maybe we should just borrow it, and he said, "no."  Can you believe that?  He told his poor, pitiful boo-hooing wife no!  He said, "Sarah, God would not call us to do something and then not provide a way to do it."  Then, he started quoting Proverbs about the borrower being slave to the lender.  Truth.

We all know how it turned out.  God did the impossible and provided the money over the next few weeks, which still amazes us.  And, I am amazed by this husband of mine who not only keeps the faith but leads by it.

*please, do not tell Jeremy about this post...we can't have his head swelling ;)*

No comments:

Post a Comment